“God, Creator of all things, we come asking for your healing touch. For those who are suffering from physical, mental, or emotional illness, we ask that you would grant them your peace and restoration. We know that you are the Great Physician and that nothing is too difficult for you. Hear our prayers today and bring your comfort and hope to those who need it most. Amen.”
The Bible is full of verses that offer comfort and hope to those who are sick or suffering. Here are just a few of the most popular verses about healing:
- “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed.” -Isaiah 53:5
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.” -Psalm 103:2-3
- “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” -Psalm 107:20
- “Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” -Matthew 8:17
- “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” -James 5:13-14
These verses provide both comfort and guidance for those who are facing illness or injury. If you or someone you know is in need of healing, turn to God’s Word for strength and hope.
Prayer for the Sick Bible Verse
Prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have as Christians. When we pray for the sick, we are asking God to intervene on behalf of those who are suffering. This doesn’t mean that He will always heal them physically, but we can trust that He will work everything out for good (Romans ).
One of the most comforting things you can do when someone is sick is to offer them a Bible verse that will bring them healing and comfort. In this blog post, we will provide you with a prayer for the sick Bible verse, as well as some tips on how to use it. We hope that this information will be helpful to you and those you love during difficult times.
Prayer for the Sick
“God we come praying for our Brother (sister) asking according to your word that they be healed. As we stand on the promises of Scripture, we know that you are faithful and just to heal all who are sick. So we come boldly before your throne of grace today, asking that you would touch our loved one with your healing hand.
We believe that nothing is too difficult for you and that your perfect will is to restore health and wholeness. Hear our prayers today, O Lord, and grant us the peace that only you can give. Amen.”
13 Bible Verses about Healing
- “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed.” -Isaiah 53:
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.” -Psalm :
- “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” -Psalm :
- “Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” -Matthew :
- “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” -James :
- “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” -James :
- “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.” -James :
- “Pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” -James :
- “Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.” -James :
- “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up, by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she-bear out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.” -II Kings :
- “And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee open his eyes that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and behold,” -II Kings :
- “And he said, Go, and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall be restored thee again, and thou shalt be clean. And he was cleansed from his leprosy.” -II Kings :
- “And Naaman said, Shall there not then, I pray thee, be given to thy servant two mules burden of earth? for thy servant will henceforth offer neither burnt offering nor sacrifice unto other gods, but unto the Lord. In this thing the Lord pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there,” -II Kings :
- “And Gehazi followed after them, and took a staff in his hand; and when they were gone over, he smote the waters with the staff in his hand, and said, Where are now the Lord’s prophets? And when he had smitten the waters,” -II Kings :
7 Examples in the Bible of Prayers healing the sick
- Lepers – “And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them,” -Luke
- A Centurion’s Servant – “And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy” -Matthew
- The Sick in general – “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities,, and bare our sicknesses.” -Matthew
- Blindness – “And as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth,” -Mark
- Deafness and a Speech Impediment – “And straightway they let go of him: and when they had called the apostles, they beat them and charged them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. Then they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.” -Acts
- A Lame Man at Beautiful Gate – “And Peter said unto her, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.” -Acts
- Paul’s Thorn in the Flesh – “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh,” -II Corinthians 12:
- Prayer is an important part of healing. It is a way to talk to God and ask for His help. Sometimes people are sick because of their own sin or because of someone else’s sin. In these cases, prayer can still help. Prayer can also help if someone is sick because of a natural disaster or because of an accident. God is always willing to help us, no matter what the reason is for our sickness.
7 Examples where Christians prayed for the sick are;
- The woman with the bleeding disorder (Mark
- The man with leprosy (Luke
- The centurion’s servant (Luke
- Peter’s mother-in-law (Mark
- The paralytic was lowered through the roof (Mark
- Aeneas, a paralytic (Acts
- Tabitha also called Dorcas (Acts)
These are all examples where people were prayed for and received healing. If you are in need of prayer or know someone who is, don’t hesitate to reach out to your local church or Christian friends. God loves us and desires to heal us!
Bible verses about praying for the sick: Mark 16:18 “They will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Acts 28:27 “For this people’s heart has grown callous; their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; otherwise, they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn back—and I would heal them.’” James
Final Thoughts – Prayer for the Sick Bible Verse: A Guide to Healing and Comfort
Many times sickness comes upon us regardless of age, health, or prosperity. In these times, we often think of turning to modern medicine for a cure. However, there is power in prayer! Prayer can heal the sick and comfort those who are going through difficult times.
The next time you or someone you know is ill, consider praying these Bible verses for healing. Mark 16:18 “They will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Acts 28:27 “For this people’s heart has grown callous; their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; otherwise, they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn back—and I would heal them.
God Bless Greg